Pottery Workshops, Courses & Classes
We offer various types of pottery workshops and courses
Our workshops and courses cover all aspects of the art of high temperature, reduction-fired studio pottery and we are able to arrange our specialized tailor-made boutique style workshops or courses to any group’s particular interest or requirements.
For those wishing to pursue a more serious approach we offer specialist workshops / ‘masterclasses’ for those who wish to take their skills further, including
- Intense, advanced throwing course – repetition throwing, turning etc
- Throwing big pots – throwing in multiple sections
- Reduction firing – some theory and practise
- Clay and glazes for high temperature studio pottery and ceramics
Recreational and experiential:
- Casual lessons and introductory workshops
- Special interest groups – schools and clubs etc
- Family and other small groups – four to eight people for a few hours of ‘pottery experience’
The spacious and well-equipped studio allows us to accommodate groups of participants in comfort.
Bookings are essential
For costs, times, bookings and any further information please contact us.
David & Felicity
Tel: +27 (0) 82 342 5453
ACCOMMODATION AND CATERING:
There is a luxury self-contained cottage on the premises which can accommodate six people in two double en-suite rooms.
Swellendam is an established and beautiful tourist destination and we can arrange additional accommodation at B&B or self-catering establishments nearby.
Morning and afternoon tea/coffee will be provided for the duration of the workshop.
Additional catering can be arranged.
Thank you for spending time on our Workshop and Classes pages.