WE WELCOME RECIPROCAL LINKS WITH STUDIO POTTERS AND THOSE INVOLVED IN THE ARTS:
Details below, Links to Studio Potters – their studios and other sites of interest, reciprocal links with tourism related sites:
Interested in exchanging links?
1) Place a link to us on your site: David Schlapobersky and Felicity Potter (link http://www.pottery.co.za). High temperature studio pottery since 1973. At Bukkenburg Pottery Studio in the historic heart of Swellendam, Western Cape South Africa. A working studio open most days. Exhibitions, commissions, workshops. Accommodation at the studio. Visitors welcome.
2) E-mail us: email@example.com with your details and we will reciprocate with your link on this site.
- Digby Hoets – Monumental high-temperature pots and teaching studio near Johannesburg.
- Paul de Jongh and Nina Shand – Millstone Pottery, McGregor, Western Cape – Work ranging from high temperature, wood-fired salt glazed stoneware and terracotta, to conventional electric-fired functional work and the more sculptural and decorative raku are on display.
- John Shirley: John Shirley Ceramics – Blog – “My fascination with the ceramic process is a major influence in my work. I am currently using bone-china with soluble salts as surface treatment. My aim in this work is to produce one-off pieces integrating technique and personal expression”
- John Shirley: John Shirley Ceramics – Facebook Page – “My fascination with the ceramic process is a major influence in my work. I am currently using bone-china with soluble salts as surface treatment. My aim in this work is to produce one-off pieces integrating technique and personal expression”
LINKS TO OTHER SITES OF INTEREST:
Studio Pottery & Ceramics Sites:
- Art at Work Today – Website – Art @ Work Today focuses on the potters of functional ware which have value as objet d’art…
- Art at Work Today – Facebook Page – Art @ Work Today focuses on the potters of functional ware which have value as objet d’art…
- Studiopottery.co.uk – Promoting Studio Pottery & Ceramics Worldwide.
- World of Ceramics – Clayzee – Promoting Studio Pottery & Ceramics.
- Ceramics Today – Promoting Studio Pottery & Ceramics.
- Ceramics SA – Promoting South African Studio Pottery & Ceramics – (formerly Association of Potters of Southern Africa).
- Ceramics SA, Cape Region – Promoting South African Studio Pottery & Ceramics, Cape Region – (formerly Association of Potters of Southern Africa, Cape Region).
- Pottery Marks – UK – A site which aims to help identify pottery.
- Potters Clay Nelson, New Zealand – Potters Clay, Nelson Ltd, Suppliers (importers/exporters) of the biggest range of potters clay in New Zealand . We manufacture new clay products to your design specifications.
- Ceramike – Promoting Studio Pottery & Ceramics.
- Vasefinder – Promoting Studio Pottery & Ceramics.
- Where I Fell In Love Gallery – United Kingdom.
Art and Craft Sites:
- Craft Site Directory – Your guide to arts and crafts on the Internet.
- Simone Boux – Artist & Illustrator, London, United Kingdom – Artist and illustrator living in London, UK. Watercolour; black and white illustration and design; sculpture in stone and wood. Creating artworks for adults and children. Commissions undertaken including invitations and cards for weddings and other special occasions.
- Makers News Network – Think It, Make It, Sell It
- Chianti Kitchen – The Tuscan School of Cooking of: Chef – Seamus de Pentheny O’Kelly – Tuscany, Italy & Patrizia Barbieri – Food & Wine Consultant
- Nommie – Naomi Stolow at Nommie world: Website designer supreme and a great long distance friend from London. Special interest tours (workshops & courses) etc:
Potters & Craft Artist Tours:
- Tourism and other ‘Sites of Interest’ – Swellendam and Western Cape, South Africa
Here’s a Google Map of Swellendam showing Attractions, Places of Interest, Restaurants and Accommodation:
- The Old Gaol Restaurant – ‘On Church Square’ – Established in 2001 by Brin and Judi Rebstein in Swellendam’s Museum precinct, The Old Gaol Coffee Shop began as a fledgling private empowerment venture.Before long a great partnership developed, with several local ladies employed in the restaurant. Steadily gaining skills and confidence, four of them received 30% equity in the Old Gaol in 2004. Current owners of this share, Charlene Mfundisi and Michelle Dyantyi, subsequently acquired the interests from the other ladies in 2007.
- Swellendam TV – Making films that both inform and entertain. Equipment sponsored by ‘The Railton Foundation’.
- Rain – Created for Living – Made in Swellendam …! Creating handmade bath & body products and hand crafted home ware with the utmost attention to detail using natural ingredients with African origins. Rain products are responsibly handmade with love and care for our customers, craftspeople and the environment.
- Swellendam Tourism
- Drostdy Museum, Swellendam – A regional heritage site in the historic heart of Swellendam, with an extensive archive and display of period furniture etc; set on an estate comprising several historic buildings.
- Bontebok National Park – About 8 km from town.
- The Berry Farm – Berry farm, lots of walking & mountain bike trails in the valley as well as bird watching. Golf course – 800m & 2.3km to the middle of Swellendam. Ideal getaway for families.
- Wildebraam Berry Estate – A selection of fresh (in season) and frozen berries – our private cellar produces a range of delicious liqueurs including Youngberry, Honey, Aniseed, Rooibos, Peppermint, Lemon and Hazelnut. Accommodation on the farm.
- Cape Info – Cape Town Accommodation Guide. Find accommodation, attractions, restaurants, wine estates, events in Cape Town & Western Cape, South Africa: hotels, guest houses/B&B, self-catering
Accommodation in Swellendam:
- Bukkenburg Pottery Studio & Cottage Accommodation in Swellendam at the studio
- Impangele – Accommodation in Swellendam
- Jan Harmsgat Country House – Accommodation and food on a Cape farm near Swellendam
- La Sosta Swellendam – Great Italian Restaurant and Bed & Breakfast
- Schoone Oordt Country House – Accommodation and food in Swellendam
- African Shades
- Aanhuizen Guest House
- Augusta de Mist Guest House
- De Kloof Luxury Estate
- Bloom Estate
- Klippe Rivier Country House – Accommodation and food on a Cape farm near Swellendam
- Roosje van de Kaap (our next door neighbours) – Restaurant and Bed & Breakfast
- The Hideaway – (our next door neighbours)
For a full listing of accommodation facilities, and activities and interests in Swellendam such as the Drostdy Museum, Fairy Sanctuary, Marloth Nature Reserve and Bontebok National Park etc, please visit the Swellendam Tourism Website which can be found on this page.
Tourism sites – South Africa:
- African Safari Go2Africa.com is a comprehensive travel guide with recommended tours and packages to East and Southern Africa. Our travel consultants will help ensure that you plan a perfect African holiday experience
- Greenwood Guides South African Highlights – Hand-picked things to do and places to eat. Hand-picked accommodation.
- Southafrica.info – The all-in-one official guide. Visas, vaccinations, transport, accommodation & much more
- South Africa Online
- travel-informed.co.za – Travel South Africa, Southern Africa and the rest of the World
Thank you for spending time on our Links pages.